When planning their business budget for the year
it is the first cost that is cut.
In reality they should be investing in staff training as the
benefits for the business will far out way the initial costs involved.
The advantages of staff training can be seen as follows:
Increased business productivity
There is a large body of evidence pointing to a positive relationship
between training & productivity. We see that employee training
and education can have a direct, beneficial impact on the
bottom line of any business or organisation.
- Training ups revenue in increased sales, increased referrals, new product ideas,
and improved customer satisfaction and retention.
- Training helps increase productivity and employee
development which in turn leads to increased profits and revenues.
Gives a competitive advantage
The world is changing quickly and businesses need to keep their employee
skills current in order to be competitive.
Training gives your business a competitive advantage by :
- Keeping up with changing software programs, technology changes, customer
service skills or leadership trends are examples of competitive advantages
organizations can have with a well trained and skilled work force.
- In order to be more competitive, businesses need to have employees
who can multitask in a multi-dimensional manner. Continuous learning is
essential to gaining and maintaining a competitive edge in this area.
Improved staff performance and retention
As a major asset for any business the performance of your staff or employees is critical
to the performance of the business.
We can see that investing in staff training generates results.
- Training improves employee performance .in quality, quantity, speed, safety,
problem solving, attitude, ethics, motivation, leadership, and communication.
- The right employee training, development and education, at the right time,
provides big payoffs for the employer in increased productivity,
knowledge, loyalty, and contribution.
Improved customer relationship management
In any business culture we have to see that the customer is king. If we can maintain
our existing customers and get new ones we can grow our business. Training can be seen to :
- Improve customer satisfaction as with better quality work means better quality
products and services. This results in happier customers.
- Improve customer service with more knowledgeable and helpful staff who
can meet the various demands of clients or customers.
I hope you find this information of use or benefit
The Business Suppot Team